Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stop The Senseless Violence!

This is just too much, ok!

I happily signed into my MSN account and stopped short when I saw the headline "SS2 Bridal Houses Targeted In 'Serial' Arson". 
Waddafark??

When I think of SS2, I only think of two things - food and bridal shops. I'm not ashamed to tell you that I LOVE being driven past the row of shops veery slooowlyyy so I get to press my nose to the car window and ogle the dresses on display and drool! I used to date a guy who would make detours to drive me there at funny times in the morning just so we could cruise by at the speed of a snail while I pointed and squealed. <-- on hindsight, it wasn't a good idea because while I love wedding gowns, I was and still am a bit of a commitment-phobe whereas I'm pretty sure he was already mentally calculating the cost of our wedding, being of that age where all his peers were getting hitched. Ooops.

In light of my obsession with wedding gowns, and therefore my love of the shops housing those awesome dresses, is it any wonder that I am outraged by this senseless burning - BURNING!! - of said shops? Bridal shops are like... symbols of true love! You go there when you've found that one person you're ready to take the plunge with, the person you think you'll be able to live with for the rest of your life. You think "Ok! I love this guy! He doesn't like to go karaoke with me but he makes me giggle AND he gives awesome foot rubs!". So you buy a dress (or two. Or three. Ok, I'm getting carried away) to wear on the day you pledge your love to each other in front of everybody who matters to the both of you. You can't just buy a dress from, say, Topshop! Or.. or.. a cute boutique on Telawi Street! 

YOU BUY IT FROM A BRIDAL SHOP!

AND THOSE MOTHEREFFING MORONS ARE BURNING THEM DOOWWNN!!

Ahem.
Got a bit carried away there.

What I MEAN to say is: Please, Arsonists, stop burning down these symbols of love. Or else one day Karma will bite you in the ass and you will have to be married in some 70% discount ugly suit (or a yucky psychedelic print dress if you're - GASP - a GIRL). And your bridesmaids will look better than you. IN YOUR FACE.

1 comments:

Liz said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT THE BRIDAL SHOPS !!!!!!! @.@