Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hooking a Hooker: Accomplishment?

Happy Chinese New Year!

And also, HOLY SHIT IT'S FEBRUARY!

Time passes by so fast, it's almost like whatever we experience in life is not Life itself, but the breeze that you feel after Life zooms past.

Haven't been blogging much, I guess I haven't had much to talk about. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm on the outside looking in, wondering what it's like to do all the things other people do. Not that I actually have the time to DO stuff, what with a script to complete and a thesis to START, fml. Any time that I spend lying in bed sleeping like a pig in the middle of the afternoon is totally stolen and guilted over when I return to consciousness five hours later *scuffs toe*

Oooh, random topic: Why do men look upon having mistresses as status symbols? I was recently introduced to the LowYat.net forum, and I stumbled upon a thread where a guy was asking for advice. His problem? He was seriously considering marrying a Chinese hooker and making her his 'xiao lao po' or second wife. At one point, he actually said (and I quote) that it'd be "quite an achievement for me to have a 'xiao lao po' before even i get married". He DID say it was his ego speaking, but that just begs the question "Why is it an achievement at all?"

Does it mean that it's an achievement to buy a hooker for personal use?

Or.. that he earns enough money to maintain another woman? He's in a steady relationship, btw.

He was seriously considering marrying her in China, and then bringing her back here to Malaysia and keeping her a secret from his family and future wife (he's planning on marrying his current steady girlfriend). I can see SO many problems with that scenario, but nevermind. He has since changed his mind and has discarded the idea. But still! My question still stands: Besides having a hot woman to do the funky monkey with whenever you want, what's so awesome about having a mistress?

2 comments:

k0k s3n w4i said...

personally, i consider getting women to sleep with you for free is a bigger achievement.

May Lee said...

i know right?? then you'd KNOW it's cos of your prowess and not your bank account. pfft.