Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Am A Kind Soul

My buddy Ling is an awesome awesome artist, and she has the most adorable blog, found here. What makes it so awesome is the fact that she draws all the posts! So, lately she's been feeling tired.. and her account of our Zouk night has yet to make it to the internet. Being the kind soul that I am, I drew a couple of pictures for her.

Here is proof that I have missed my calling in life - as an artist. WHAT AM I DOING IN LITERATURE? I SHOULD BE DRAWING ON SIDEWALKS, COMPLAINING THAT PEOPLE DO NOT APPRECIATE MY VAN GOGH-LIKE TALENT.

Our night started off in Sarpino's, a pizza place in USJ 1. Food - decent. Price - decent. Ambiance - Meh. Return visit? Maybe. Depending on how desperate I am for food. In the picture, Thai Thai is trying to pick up a piece of ice using a pair of crap tongs that cannot pick up anything for nuts. We mocked him incessantly, until we discovered that we couldn't do it either. Uh, not drawing pictures of my ice-picking-up failure.

Fast-forward to Velvet time. Me and Ling are on the dancefloor with the guys, and a random dude comes up to offer Ling a drink. Freaked, we move away. Obviously, none of this is drawn, because my artistic-ness is just too awesome to commit movement on paper.

After the guy backs off, Ling and I hit the P-O-D-I-U-M. Yes, I sound like a bad girl. However, I was on for like ONE song, and I realised I can NOT dance when people stare. I swayed in a retarded manner. Yes. I suck. Thank God, I am saved by my awesomeness at drawing on MSN. =D

You know it's true!
Uh, excuse the 'view your entire conversation history.. bla bla' this that mars my artistic genius, apparently the genius stops at being able to print-screen properly.

Am I nice or what? Saved Ling a lot of effort, no? Go check out her blog, my effort should be there in a couple of days (tell me if it's not, I will harangue her til it is)!

0 comments: